The last two days of our California vacation were spent at Universal Studios and at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The first thing we did was go on the Universal Studios Tour. Seeing all of the movie sets was really fun. At the end, in the subway set, I got drenched. If it's a warm day and you want to get wet, sit in the 4th car on the right side. Unfortunately, it wasn't that warm. When the water hit, I jumped out of my seat and sat on the child next to me. I was just "sheltering" the child from the water. The fact that Rachel also got drenched (and squished) should just be ignored.
While the rest of the family went on the Revenge of the Mummy roller coaster, Rachel made a few new friends.


Before driving home the next day, we went to Mann's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was fun to see the handprints and footprints of really famous old-time stars like Bing Crosby...

...and Sophia Loren and Marilyn Monroe.

It was also fun to meet famous (wax) actressess and actors like Lucille Ball (my favorite!!) and...

...Shrek (apparently Kevin's inspiration). Next time we will have to make time to go into the actual wax museum.

Seeing all the people gathered around Michael Jackson's star and all the tributes and flowers was interesting.

Ah, Hollywood, a nice, expensive, place to visit; sure glad we don't live there!
3 comments:
So kind of you to "shelter" Rachel! Haha :-) I've never been to Universal Studios; it looks like a lot of fun! And for the price tag, I don't think you were really missing out on the wax museum. Besides, a picture with Shrek is all you really need! What a fun trip.
I laughed so hard at the part where you sat on the child next to you. Sydna your blog posts crack me up!
Love, love, love Universal Studios and all the freaky things you see in So. California. Always something new and different!!
Post a Comment