Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Beatle

We interrupt this family vacation to bring you...Paul McCartney! Krysta, Erin, Curt and I went to the concert. It was incredible. Sir Paul stayed on stage for almost 3 hours. His band even took a break while he stayed and played a few songs with just his guitar. (Those young 'uns needed a rest.)

Months ago when I got the tickets, I wondered how we'd choose which two kids we'd take. (The internet would only allow 4 tickets per address.) Rachel wasn't interested and when Camille heard the concert was 3 hours long, she decided she didn't want to go.
When I told Kevin I had Paul McCartney tickets, he said, "Isn't he dead?"
"No," I responded.
"Well, then isn't he like 90? He must just stand there and talk to people." replied Kevin.
"You're tending," I told him.
That was easier than I thought.

That biker dude behind me could whistle louder than anything going on on stage. I covered my ears every time he let loose.

As you can see from this picture we were rather far from the stage.

Good thing for the two big screens on either side.
See the little person by the white tent? The one in the dark suit on stage holding a guitar, just below the drummer? Yes, that would be him.

Here's the "close-up."

About half way through the concert, we walked around and found some standing room much closer to the stage. After that, we had as good a view as those who paid the big bucks.

I spent time putting together the video clips that I took that night. Trust me, I made an awesome video. Well, it was just okay given the abilities of my camera and me. However, apparently Blogger and Vimeo have limits on what they can upload. Come on, it's only about 4 minutes! My technology, my skills, and my imagination are not in sync. One or more are always lacking. Anyway here is a snippet. It's a little jumpy because I was trying to video and move to the music. What was I saying about my video skills?
Krysta pulled a Ryan a was able to sneak down to the 2nd row during the encore!

This is Krysta's video. We missed most of the song because we were trying to pass a security guard to follow Krysta. I theorize that security tends to ignore cute girls in shorts. Bald men in jeans, not so much. (Curt went first and talked to the guard.) We had to hustle back up the stairs in shame.

This is her explaining that when the guard was distracted by other fence hoppers, she snuck in.

We had a great time. On the way out I heard a mom tell her family, "Pack up the van, we're heading to Denver (the next concert stop)" I would agree!

6 comments:

Sharla said...

What a fun evening and I would agree with the cute girl getting to sneak in theory! We have watched Angie end up on the 2nd row many a time and wondered how in the heck she did that! That would have been an amazing concert, and he is still going strong! Go Beatles Power!!

The Graf Family said...

That sounds and looks like you guys had a blast. How fun to go to Paul's concert. That is really funny how you wrote about talking to Rachel, Camille, and Kevin. Loved it. What a fun summer you guys are having!

Ryan and Donna said...

Ahh Krysta....I couldn't be prouder! The next generation has carried on my legacy. Since I don't resemble a cute girl in shorts, I use distraction as my number one weapon of choice while sneaking to the front row! Sounds like Krysta employed both her looks and distraction to make it to the front. Looks like it was a fun night.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

If only Kevin knew what he was getting into when that conversation started ... haha. The concert looks (and sounds!) like it was so much fun! And way to go Krysta for sneaking up to the front!

Mills Family said...

So fun! I loved all the pics and video of your exciting night at the concert!! Krysta has some mad skills! I bet that was so fun to get up that close to the stage!!

Angie said...

Those videos actually had really good sound quality! They were fun to watch. I bet the concert was awesome. I laughed about Krysta being able to sneak past security and Curt getting rejected. Haha. Sydna, you are funny.