Sunday, October 4, 2009

Twin Peaks Hike


Who are those mountain goats?
It's just a bunch of Grafs!
Kolby and Kevin rejoice at reaching the summit.
The whole crew on the top.
They came home in the dark with one sick child and only 2 flashlights. Curt ended up with a deep gash on his arm that required waking up our neighbor who is an emergency room doctor, and another doctor visit the next day with powerful antibiotics and a tetanus shot.  All in all, another memorable Graf hike that they would all do again. Maybe. Not.

6 comments:

Mills Family said...

Wow!!! I love the pics and the descriptions of the details encompassed with the hike!! Graf hikes are quite adventureous and wouldn't be so unless a bit of blood and guts!!! Curt, thanks for taking the hits that make the hikes fun to read about! Dad is amazing still isn't he!

Angie said...

A perfectly classic Graf hike, complete with beutiful views and near-death experiences! Just kidding... I'm sure it wasn't near-death. This time. Haha. I love the Graf tradition of hiking, and look at grandpa go! He's still going strong, I love it. Thanks for the post!

Sydna Graf said...

Well, it could have been near death. The rock that hit Curt came awfully close to Krysta's head first. Amazing that they all manage to survive. They've all been really blessed on their hiking adventures.

Sharla said...

We heard about this one, and were a bit relieved we were not on it. I think we even heard Garry exclaim he was done with hiking big peaks! Hasn't he retired before? There are always 2nd and 3rd Retirements right. He is amazing to be his age and on those big mountains. I hope our husbands are still going that strong when they get to that point. The pictures will only record the happy faces and none of the blood and guts part of the adventure. That is probably good, so that the next time a Graf family hike is planned all will be good to go!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Classic. Glad everyone made it home safe! My mom called me in Alabama and said I may want to pray for my family who was 3 hours late coming down the mountain. I think those Graf boys like giving their wives heart attacks haha. But you can't beat those summit shots!

Ryan and Donna said...

Love the Goat picture!