Sunday, October 4, 2009

Deer Hunt

After we got home, I realized we had no pictures of the actual hunters! Curt, Kevin, Krysta, Erin and Grandpa got up in the wee early hours to comb the hills. Camille, Rachel, and I stayed in our warm cozy sleeping bags until the sun came up and then had this marvelous breakfast. We made the hunters the same breakfast when they returned several hours later. Wait, I've never taken pictures of my food before! Other family members' blogs (you know who you are!) are rubbing off on me!

We enjoyed our campsite--running water, flush toilets, paved road--we are going soft! Just down the road was the Fremont Indian Musuem with a fun kids area and several hikes to see rock art.
Curt and crew saw only a few small deer and one nice bull elk, but proof that the area was once full of animals was on the rock walls.

It was a short camp, but fun.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Glad you had fun! Man, it sure looks a lot different than the chilly deer camps I remember up at Kolob.

That is so exciting you're going to meet Pioneer Woman! You will definitely definitely have to blog about it.

Mills Family said...

you don't even know how excited I was to see your food picture! Keep 'em comin!! Hey, I'd love to take my family there some time! Let us know when you are planning and we'll join in along with ya!

Mills Family said...

I havn't heard of the place you all went Deer hunting this year, I'll have to get more details from you guys of the camping. But, anyway, we would be interested in the hikes by the indian Rocks for sure!

Mills Family said...

OH, I keep adding comments onto your blog....haha! Maybe I should just pick up the phone a call you!! haha! Hey, You totally BETTER come stay with us the next time you are down!!!....either place too....Cedar...or Ivans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharla said...

Now that is how to do a deer camp. So much for freezing and roughing it and tearing up your cars getting in. It really is a freeway getting to the camp. We have come a long ways in the Graf family. I saw on the kids facebook how excited they were and isn't that great. Now we are all joining the "take pictures of food" group. Why not, after all food is beautiful and very creative and beautiful. That picture made my mouth water! Angie would be proud!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Sign me up for next year's deer hunt! The Grafs have definitely evolved in the campsite arena, which is excellent--I am plumbing's biggest fan :-) Glad everyone had such a good time!

Ryan and Donna said...

That campsite looks like it is located on a "Veritable Freeway"! :-)

I totally think of Ang whenever I see a great plate of food in front of me....Where's the camera. That breakfast looked amazing. It sure beats the frozen granola bar we crunch on as we are out hunting in the wee hours of the morning! I feel bad we missed the hunt this year.

Sharla said...

I meant to say "and tasty" instead of beautiful twice, but maybe I said it twice because it looked so beautiful!