Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nature and Electricity

We live in a beautiful world. Too bad these pictures can't begin to do this part of Antelope Canyon justice.




On our way home we stopped by the dam. We've tried to take a Dam Tour before, but they were always full. This time we lucked out. (I could include many dam jokes at this point, but I'm exercising restraint!) See that green stuff at the bottom of the dam. I'd thought it was some kind of retaining pool, but it's actually....
...grass. Three football fields worth. The grass keeps dust from getting into the generators. Otherwise, it'd just be a big field of dirt and rock. (Not to be confused with Field of Dreams)
See the water seeping through the rock? They say that's supposed to happen. They planned on it in fact. Well....sure.

Here's the massive generators. Ah electricity, how I love it! Everyone take a moment to reflect on the beauties of nature and the beauties of electicity.

3 comments:

The Graf Family said...

Wow, Antelope Canyon looks amazing! What a beautiful place. Wish we could have been there with you all ... maybe next year!

Sharla said...

Hi Sydna, Loved the pics! I am finally picking up mine today. I used the "old" kind of film for the canyon, so we will see how the 35mm shots turned out. Talk about patience, waiting to see instead of looking at the picture right after you take it. Digital is amazing! We watched our Lake Powell vidio last night and it made us homesick. Or something like that. Some places truly feel like home!

Ryan and Donna said...

Great Pictures! I love the dam pictures as well. The dam football field stays so dam green from all those 'pre-designed' dam leaks. Okay, now that I am swearing...What did the fish say when he swam into the cement wall? (I know...You've all heard that one) Okay, okay, so what did his fish friend say..."Dumb Bass"
Sorry, its a Monday.
--Ry