Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A cat named "Phish"

Just in time for Halloween--a cute, cuddly furball.


They're both cute and cuddly. Our neighbors found a stray cat with two kittens living in a weed covered lot. After Rachel cried and cried for a kitty, Curt decided we could have one. (If we want something at our house, we just get Rachel to cry for it.)


Kevin thought it would be fun-in an ironic teenager sort of way-to name a cat, Fish. Then he got creative and decided it should be spelled with a "ph" as in Phish.


Soon they were involved in making it a home. This may look like an odd assortment of boxes, but it is really a cat palace with many nooks and cat friendly crannies.

6 comments:

Mills Family said...

Oh, We LOVE Phish! We want to play with you new kitty! We love our cat, "Tiger" and miss him being so tiny and small. You guys will love your new pet! Lis and Jayme!

Sharla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharla said...

Hey, we love your posts and how about that perfect timing for a new pet. A black cat for Halloween. I will have to tell Brandon to turn on the tears. He wants a wiener dog named Bruce. He hasn't convinced us yet. Roxie will have to do. Lets hook up this weekend. We will have our phones.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

What a cute little fluff ball! One of my coworkers has a kitty named Puppy and I've always thought it was so cute, so I love Phish! How fun.

MommaChelle said...

the kitty on the pumpkin is such a cute picture!!! how fun! i love kitties!

Ryan and Donna said...

Cute cat. I love the name! And here I was expecting something original like "Midnight". I won't mention the names that Curt gave our 2 Graf kittens about 20 years ago! The worse part is that his younger siblings would frequently yell out the Cat's names very loudly and naively throughout the neighborhood when the cats would wander off!