Thursday, October 17, 2013

Disneyland

I've always wanted to go to Disneyland in the fall to see the Halloween decorations. We loved seeing our old favorites with a Halloween twist.




Memorable Quote: "We don't sell THAT here!!" The semi-shocked reaction of the lady in the Disney health clinic when I inquired about the possibility of buying Sudafed for my developing cold. Yes, I know it's used to make meth, but I only wanted two pills!
Yo, ho, yo, ho a pirate's life for me!
Memorable moment: Realizing the true message behind the story. Pinocchio turns into a donkey after too much acting and video games. Oh the irony Disney!




None of my girls would pose with the princess, so I have a picture of this random child instead.

Iron Men


The other thing I've always wanted to do at Disneyland was eat at the Blue Bayou. Riding in the pirate boats, I'd look over at the diners and want to join them. As a kid we never went because it was too expensive. As an adult we never went because it was too expensive and our children wouldn't have eaten anything there anyway. But this was the year. So fun to finally go inside and sit down. This trip made me a fan of having a nice sit down meal in the park. Having time to sit and eat a good meal in the middle of a big day with lots of walking is a good way to recharge, relax and be ready for the rest of the day.




The Haunted Mansion!





I could never get a good picture of these two, but I loved their costumes!






Memorable Quote:  "Last time to take pictures of Disneyland. Yeeaah!" Our tram driver on the way back to the parking structure.

Normally I'm not a big fan of man-made places, but Disneyland is the exception. Can't wait to come back someday--maybe to see the Christmas decorations!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, lots of fun pictures and commentary! I felt like I was right there along with you from picture to picture! We loved going with our little family this year too. New Years was a good time since the Christmas decorations were still all up. Halloween is next on my list...it will probably be more into the future than I want it to be since we have to save save save save !! :) Thanks for sharing all the pics from your fun trip!

Unknown said...

This is Lisa by the way...not sure why it came up as Jay...but I am sure he would agree with all my comments! :)

Sharla said...

I love how you have a whole group of adult girls, and of course Curt! That would make for a great vacation I am sure! I love disney land during any holiday! So festive and magical. I love how you took advatage of all the park had to offer, right down to the sit down dinner. We got so busy last time, that we were just grabbing snacks as we exited, cause all the resturants were full!