Nothing like sleeping in a tent to make you appreciate your house! We had a hard time finding a date where we could all go camping. I really wanted to fit in a backpacking trip, but couldn't find a free weekend that fit everyone's schedules. We finally settled for a short overnighter in the middle of the week.
We love Albion Basin in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Last year the snow was so deep that this campground never even opened. Letting it rest for a year was probably a good thing. Albion Basin is close enough to be convenient, yet high enough to be in the forest. Surprisingly, in spite of the dry weather, we got to build a fire and make s'mores.Outdoor breakfast is always extra tasty.
Albion Basion always seems to have beautiful flowers in bloom.
We hiked to the top of Catherine Pass and looked over into Brighton and the beautiful lake below.
The cute little critters loved our rice crispy treat snacks. We had them eating out of our hands.
A few days later, Camille turned 14!
A few cousins to celebrate with.
Happy August!














3 comments:
awww Billie is just a little lady
Dang it we never did our back packing trip this summer and I bet my boys 50 dollars that we would. Too many other things that took up our weekends and now school is starting, but hey we still have some fall weekends don't we! This looked like such a great time and I love that you made it happen. You have had such great adventures this summer! Soon Kevin will be heading out on his mission so it is awesome that you had such great family times this summer. Before you know it you will be launching kids out into the world and your numbers will be dwindling. Kids are growing up!
I really, really love that you take the time to get your family outdoors and on these fun camping trips. This is just what I hope to do with my family someday! You're building such great traditions and memories together. Plus, I think it's a shame that so many people living in Utah never get out and take advantage of all the beautiful hikes, camping, etc that it has to offer! You guys are great. Your pictures make me miss home! Utah is so beautiful.
Post a Comment