Friday, August 12, 2011

Bring Him Home

I love Les Miz! It's my all time favorite play, and this week the 25th anniversary concert has been on PBS. Musical joy! This musical version of "Bring Him Home" also showed up this week in my email through a Youtube subscription. I posted another video of Steven Sharp Nelson on my class blog. He and Jon Schmidt are so very talented. Check out their other videos if you get a chance. If you watch this on YouTube, be sure to read the dedication to our troops and the story behind the video by clicking on "show more." The lyrics are also posted; very moving when you think of our troops. We especially pray for Trevor, who's in Iraq, to be home safe in a few months.

3 comments:

Ryan and Donna said...

These two are very talented. It would be great to possess even a tenth of the talent they have! Music is so soothing. Thanks for sharing.

Sharla said...

I love me some Les Miz also and this was so beautiful! thanks for starting my day off right.

Mills Family said...

I have often gotten on their music website and listened to different pieces. I always feel so relaxed and uplifted after listening to any music they do. I would LOVE to hear them play a concert one day! Yes, we pray for Trevor too. Trey has a picture of Trevor up on his wall next to a picture of the temple. We look at it everyday. We think of Trev and pray for him everyday. Trey really loves to think of Trevor as our special soldier and he has been praying for him for several months already! When we lived in St. George, Trey use to forget Trevors name...and so in his nightly prayers, he would say, "bless the prophet and the angels and bless our soldier". He still says the prayer the same way, but now he puts Trevors name in place. Trey is a huge fan!