Friday, June 5, 2009

Alaska-Part 3

In Skagway we rented a car and drove 70 miles into the Yukon. Pictures don't do it justice. How the gold rushers ever made it up carrying their 1 ton of supplies is amazing.

Emerald Lake...that is the true color (and my real hair).
We took a dirt road over to the bay next to Skagway near the townsite of Dyea...a town as big as Skagway during the gold rush.
Glacier Bay. I love, love, the color of Glacier blue. I tried to find something to match it to take home as a souvenir. The closest I could come was blue topaz earrings in the ship's gift shop. I have furniture that cost less than those earrings, so they stayed on the ship.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Oh my gosh! I love you posts..all of them...of this whole alaska adventure! And, by the way, SWEET hair! I have the exact same "real" hair myself...so I know all about it! haha

Ryan and Donna said...

I've heard Alaska does funny things to a head of hair..... It's almost as if your hair is pulling towards the gravitational pull of the North pole.

Sharla said...

Glacier blue is a unique and beautiful color isn't it. The power and majesty of those Glaciers is something to behold. Hope your dad is doing ok. I am sure the trip was tiring for him, but he must have been energized by it all!