I recently took a class where I learned about Picasa. I never knew what a great tool it is. It's a FREE download from Google that stores and edits your photos. The best thing is the collage maker. I can make a collage, download it into an online scrapbooking program (Shutterfly.com is my favorite-also free until you order) and have an easy scrapbook page done! The biggest drawback to Shutterfly is that I couldn't always find the right template for my pictures. Now the problem is solved. Also, another site, Blurb.com can change your blog into a book. A blog into a blurb. Blurb your blog. How cool is that? I haven't used it yet, but it sounds promising. Now I really can justify my blog as family history...ha, ha! Picasa is also great for blogging. I just click on the pictures and hit the blog button in Picasa, and it easily uploads much faster than browsing through the computer for the pictures I want. Well, this is my tech tip of the year. Hope you all enjoyed it.
(P.S. I also had to make a teacher blog for the class I took. That is why my name is now showing up as Mrs. Graf. I'm not trying to be all formal. I should have signed up for it under a totally different email and name, but I didn't think about that until too late. Someday I will change it.)




5 comments:
Andrea and I were just talking about how scrapbooking has gone digital and wow look at you go. I will some day get into this, or maybe assign Angie to become the creative designer of all Graf family pages, kind-of like she is the movie maker. The computer and all of it's capabilities!! We have loved doing the Eagle slide show. Just amazing!!
Hey, those pioneer clothes look familiar. I love how we pass around maternity and pioneer wardrobes. We will have to keep sharing such wonderful outfits!
Thanks again for letting us stay with you guys! We had so much fun with you guys. I have downloaded and started using Picasa. I love it. I am trying to figure out what book I want to put together first on Shutterfly. I am so excited. Thanks for showing it to me.
I love what you have learned! I'll have to get in there and check it out now at a closer look! Very cool!
Great Pictures! I didn't know you did the Trek. I'll have to show Donna this post and get her to check out the picasa and shutterfly sites. She is a budding scrap booker. Blurb your blog....funny!
Post a Comment