Thursday, September 26, 2013

Best Deer Camp!

BEST DEER HUNT EVER! And this is the reason:
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
  We chortled in our joy.
An actual bathroom with walls and everything! And inspite of it being a pit toilet and at the end of the season, it DID NOT SMELL! Graf girls have waited almost 30 years to witness such a deer hunt miracle.

And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
No. No, we did not slay a deer. But we saw some on the far hill, so good enough. Did I mention the Bathroom?  Like I said--BEST DEER CAMP EVER! (Even being woken up at 4:00 in the morning did not dampen our joy.)
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.
And here's a few pictures to prove it.









Look! An actual veritable freeway. We finally get a good 4-wheel drive vehicle and the camp is up a road that we could actually take a car. As opposed to some of the places where we HAVE taken a car!

And one more glimpse of our favorite part of camp.
Graf girls we hope to see more of you at our new fabulous deer camp next year!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Hahahahaha! I loved this post! I LOVE the bathroom at the deercamp this year! YES, best deer camp EVER for that one reason!! I have many many memories growing up going to Graf Deer hunts and so I know how amazing that actual bathroom makes this the best year ever!! haha. By the way, your pics are sooooo pretty!! Love all the pics you posted ! Beautiful area !!

Sharla said...

Hahaha! Oh my gosh, Brian and I died laughing at this best deer camp ever! We miss a year and this stuff happens, dang it! Looks like the best spot for sure! Sad to report that talk is that the camp may be moved to a different more remote location. Hearing about some reports of big deer out yonder! Maybe we should just go camp at this glorious location! Do you think they could install showers?