We debated about taking this detour to Niagra Falls right up until Curt turned the rent-a-van onto the road going there. Everything always takes longer than expected, and we didn't know if we really had the time. We knew we didn't have time to take a boat ride and wondered if the view from the edge would be worth it. Looking back, there should have been no debate. The falls are worth the extra effort, and the view, though probably not the best, was still great.
Somewhere I read that the water currently pouring over the falls is only about half of what it used to be before the power companies diverted the water for electricity. At night the power companies divert even more water; it's done at night to not affect tourism.
5 comments:
I would disagree that the extra three or four hours in the car was worth it to spend twenty minutes craning our necks to see part of a waterfall...
But the dip n dots were good.
oh i'm eating them in the picture!!
Haha I love krysta's input here. I would like to see this for myself someday! If not for the falls, at least for the dippin dots! ;)
Ungrateful child. That's okay; the next few (dozen) vacations will not include children.
ok, so one of my favorite birthdays was spent at Niagra Falls! cool huh! my family trip just happened to be during the same days as my birthday that summer. That was fun. Your pics are really pretty :)
Post a Comment