Krysta had to work early the next morning so she and her friend, Dana, just came up for the evening. They were eager to snag some smores.
It's a good thing we had Dana along. She has some mad fire starting skills. Our firewood must have been a little wet, but she got the fire going so we could roast our hotdogs and marshmellows.
The little girls found a perfect tree to climb right in our campsite.
5 comments:
oh you are so brave to go camping without your Man. It is just so much work and I always feel like it's Brians "job" ha ha ha Good for you and I bet the kids just loved it! Creating memories they will cherish and maybe even a little more cause it was just the girls!
Way to go Sydna! Ever since that Bear Scare up at Navajo Lake 20 years ago...I've known you can handle the forest just fine by yourself, thank you very much! I think that Bear Scare has caused permanent emotional scarring. I was fully convinced my life was ending that night at the claws of a killer Grizzly bear on Cedar Mountain.
K, I love that you just took the girls up there on your own! An ideal Graf wife, for sure :-) It looks like you all had a blast!
How many moms would take their girls on a camping trip - without the boys?! I love it. You are an awesome mom. It looks like you had a great time. I definitely want to be the kind of mom that does these things with her kids!
Ok..so I had to re-read the post a couple times to make sure I was reading it right...."just the girls". Sydna!...you are the woman! I am not scared of the dark...I'm just scared of the WORK! haha! Well, I could manage it though. And, soon, I'll have to. In a few weeks, I am packing my tent, my sleeping bag, myself, and driving up alone to cedar mountain...setting up my tent and doing the stake girls camp thing. I have to miss the first few days of it (hence the reason I'm going up alone). But, I hope I can remember how to set up the tent. Jay always does it ....and everything else with setting up the camp. Fire? yes, I've never started one before. How did you girls manage that?! Krysta's friend is the "man"! Whoot WHoot!!
Post a Comment