Have you ever been called "sweetheart" or "sweetie" by someone, not a friend or family member, and you know they really mean "stupid"? As in "Sweetie, could you please stop kicking the back of my chair?" Translation, "If you are too dumb to not know that kicking someone's chair is annoying, then I will pretend to tell you nicely." A teacher at school called me sweetie, and I knew she really meant "stupid." I should have kicked the back of her chair!
5 comments:
Haha! Oh, I do think that we've all had a similiar experience to this!
Ugh, so RUDE! I hate that. I think rudeness disguised as niceness is way worse than flat-out rudeness. You know what I mean?
Oh Dear, that is not the way to go about it, is it now. I only thought mean ole ladies did that kind-of thing. Was she mean and old? Just kidding. In my Student teaching my mentoring Kindergarten Teacher made me yell at the kids as part of my assignment because she didn't thing I was letting them know in a strong enough way that I was in charge. Funny how different we all react in those kinds of situations. Talking down to others has not been a specialty of ours has it.
I meant to say think instead of thing in the above post. Didn't want anybody to be saying, "Sweetheart, did you know that you made a mistake in your post?"
Haha, oh I hate that patronizing rudeness disguised as niceness. I would've wanted to kick her chair, too!
And Sharla, you're too funny. I didn't even notice your typo!
Post a Comment