Our family at the bottom of Mooney.
Erin and Curt at Navajo Falls. Three beautiful waterfalls are within 1 mile of each other.
The village gets everything delivered by pack train or helicopter. Here the mail is being delivered to the post office.
Good-bye Havasu! This was an incredible trip; we'd love to come back!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Havasupai Heaven!
Our older kids and grandpa came along for a great hike to Havasupai in the Grand Canyon. We hired a horse to take our camp gear, and we hiked down with daypacks. We spent 2 nights camping and enjoying the waterfalls and scenery. Truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen- an oasis in the deseret. Here we are ready to descend the canyon--only 10 miles to go.
Havasu Falls. The water is such a beautiful blue-green color and amazingly clear. The Indian tribe whose village is located 2 miles before this waterfall are called the Havasupai, which means people of the blue- green waters.

Travertine pools at Havasu Falls.
Mooney Falls cascades 200 feet. Getting down is a little tricky. The path is steep with chains to hang onto.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, I had no idea it was so gorgeous down there! I would have been WAY more supportive of a Grand Canyon trip in high school haha. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :-) Love ya!
I love your blog! Keep posting your adventures. Especially your pretty pictures. Love you too Sydna!
-April
Post a Comment